Bangladesh denies visa to Indian executive in ICC delegation amid venue talks


Bangladesh India

WEB DESK: Bangladesh has reportedly refused to issue a visa to an Indian executive who was part of an International Cricket Council (ICC) delegation scheduled to visit the country for discussions on World Cup venues, according to Indian media reports.

The ICC had planned to send a two-member delegation to Bangladesh for talks related to possible changes in venues for upcoming World Cup matches. The delegation was to include the ICC’s Head of Anti-Corruption and Security and a senior Indian executive, Indian media said.

However, Bangladesh authorities reportedly granted a visa only to the Head of Anti-Corruption and Security, while declining to issue travel clearance to the Indian executive. As a result, the planned two-day visit, which was scheduled to begin on Tuesday, was affected.

According to the reports, the purpose of the ICC delegation’s visit was to hold consultations with the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) regarding proposed changes to World Cup venues.

The development comes amid heightened sensitivities over security arrangements. Indian media said Bangladesh has already declined to play its T20 World Cup matches in India, citing security concerns. The venue issue has since become a subject of discussion between the ICC and the BCB.

Neither the ICC nor the Bangladesh Cricket Board has officially commented on the reported visa decision so far. The situation underscores the logistical and diplomatic challenges facing tournament planning, particularly when cross-border security considerations come into play.

The ICC continues to coordinate with member boards to finalise venues and schedules, as preparations for the World Cup move forward.

You May Also Like