Did Islamabad admin revoke NOC for Shaukat Khanum fundraiser?


ISLAMABAD: Reports are circulating on social media claiming that the Islamabad administration has recently revoked a no-objection certificate (NOC) for a fundraising event of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital.

The matter gained attention after a political figure shared a news graphic on social media platform X, alleging that permission for a fundraising event in Karachi for Shaukat Khanum had been cancelled.

The post was widely viewed and shared, fuelling speculation online.

In a statement, the hospital administration said the viral information referred to an event held on December 29, 2023, when the Islamabad administration withdrew an NOC for a fundraising gala organised in the capital for the Karachi hospital project.

The hospital said fundraising activities and construction work on the Karachi facility have continued without interruption since then, adding that the project is expected to be completed by December 2026.

According to a fact check, the graphic recently shared online was based on that earlier development and was being presented as a current event, leading to confusion.

The hospital administration thanked the public and supporters for showing concern over the matter.

You May Also Like