Gul Plaza fire updates: 70pc of fire contained, committee to probe incident’s cause


Gul Plaza fire updates: 70pc of fire contained, committee to probe cause

KARACHI: The emergency teams currently working actively on the Gul Plaza site, where a fire erupted at midnight Saturday, have finally contained the fire for up to 70 per cent, with teams committed to bringing possible control on the remaining fire blazes on the site. A committee has also been ordered to investigate what actually caused the incident.

According to reports, at least 6, including one rescue operation official, identified Forqan Ali, have succumbed to the Gul Plaza fire, with 22 others gaining severe injuries.

Earlier in the day, Commissioner Karachi announced the formation of an investigation committee to probe the fire incident at Gul Plaza. The committee will examine the causes of the blaze and review safety arrangements at the building.

According to the commissioner, the fire is extremely intense, and firefighting operations are continuing. He said nearly one million gallons of water have been used so far to control the blaze.

Meanwhile, rescue teams remain present at the site, while relevant authorities are providing full support to control the situation and ensure public safety.

Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah also visited the area, saying that a full investigation will be brought to the table to explore what actually caused the Gul Plaza incident, as it comprised 1000 shops.

“Solving the public’s problems is the foremost priority of the Sindh government,” the CM said, highlighting ongoing efforts to improve the province’s health services.

You May Also Like