- Web Desk
- 11 Minutes ago
Izzy Hammond crashes during Formula E influencer event in Saudi Arabia
-
- Aasiya Niaz
- 1 Hour ago
Izzy Hammond crashed during a Formula E influencer event in Saudi Arabia but escaped without injury, organisers confirmed.
The 25-year-old was competing in the Duals stage of the Evo Sessions at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit when she lost control and struck a barrier at turn 13.
Another look at Izzy Hammond's 25G impact during the evo sessions.
— Formula E Zone (@FormulaEZone) February 15, 2026
Watch our Live Streamhttps://t.co/2IGyVBTu6E#FormulaE #JeddahEPrix #EvoSessions pic.twitter.com/vQkr3nIonR
Hammond later said she had been checked by medical staff and was “in one piece”, adding that “the car’s not”.

“My first thought when I was sat in that wall was, ‘Oh my god, everyone’s watching, my dad’s watching,’” she said afterwards. “He’s going to cry or something. Can someone just tell him I’m OK?”
She acknowledged the impact was significant, adding: “If you’re going to crash, you’ve got to really crash. I saw the wall coming and knew I was going to enter it at speed.”
Evo Sessions format
The Evo Sessions format sees content creators go head-to-head for the fastest lap on behalf of teams. Hammond was racing as part of Team Senor Frogs alongside fellow influencers Joshua Larkin, William Lenney, Arthur Frederick and Ethan Payne.
Footage of the crash circulated on social media shortly after the incident, showing the car coming to rest against the barrier before Hammond confirmed she was unharmed.
Racing legacy
The incident inevitably drew comparisons to her father, former Top Gear and The Grand Tour presenter Richard Hammond, who was seriously injured in 2006 when a jet-powered dragster he was driving crashed during a land speed record attempt.
Izzy Hammond has built a following of her own, with nearly 280,000 Instagram followers, and appeared in good spirits following the scare.