- Monis Siraj
- August 21, 2026
Shaban Operation: Three more terrorists killed, death toll reaches 79
-
- WEB DESK
- July 11, 2026
WEBDESK: The Shaban Operation continues in Balochistan, with security forces confirming the killing of three more terrorists linked to Fitna al-Khawarij, security sources said on Monday.
The latest action, carried out by the Pakistan Army, FC Balochistan and police through coordinated aerial and ground operations, has taken the number of terrorists killed in the operation to 79.
The operation was launched after the July 6 attack on Mangi police check post in Ziarat district, where militants killed nine police personnel.
Security sources said forces have taken control of more militant hideouts and recovered a large quantity of weapons, ammunition and other equipment.
They added that 117 Khawarij terrorists have so far been eliminated in various intelligence-based operations since July 5.
Security sources reiterated that Operation Shaban will continue until militant networks operating in the area are dismantled.
According to Pakistan TV, the joint operation involving the Pakistan Army, Frontier Corps and police remains underway across Balochistan, targeting terrorist hideouts through coordinated air and ground strikes.
Earlier, Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi praised the security forces for their efforts against militancy, saying their sacrifices in restoring peace to Balochistan would be remembered as a golden chapter in the country’s history.
Meanwhile, the ISPR Director General Lt Gen Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry reaffirmed that there would be “no compromise in the fight against terrorism.”
Separately, security forces also conducted operations against militants in other parts of Balochistan. The military said 14 BLA militants were killed after an attack on an army convoy near Bela-Winder. At the same time, separate intelligence-based operations resulted in the killing of militants in Kharan and Dalbandin.
The military has said operations against militants, their facilitators and financiers will continue as part of efforts to eliminate terrorism from Balochistan.