- WEB DESK
- August 21, 2026
Security forces kill 49 terrorists in KP, Balochistan operations: ISPR
-
- WEB DESK
- August 21, 2026
ISLAMABAD: Security forces have killed 49 terrorists in a series of intelligence-based operations conducted across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan over the past few days, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Friday.
According to the military’s media wing, the operations were carried out against militant networks in different districts of the two provinces, with 12 terrorists killed in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and 37 in Balochistan.
In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, multiple intelligence-based operations were conducted in Bannu, North Waziristan, Orakzai and Khyber, resulting in the deaths of 12 militants affiliated with Fitna al-Khawarij, according to the ISPR.
The operations were launched on the basis of intelligence regarding the presence and movement of militants in the areas, the military said.
A large quantity of explosives, improvised explosive device (IED) detonating remotes, weapons, ammunition and motorcycles was also recovered during the operations in KP.
In Balochistan, security forces conducted 10 intelligence-based operations in different districts, including Mastung, Mach, Khuzdar and Panjgur, killing 37 militants affiliated with Fitna al-Hindustan, the ISPR said.
A substantial quantity of weapons, explosive drums and remote-detonation devices was recovered during the operations in the province, according to the statement.
The ISPR said that the recovered explosives, weapons and other material had been destroyed.
ISPR vows to continue operations
The military’s media wing said that the successful operations had dealt a major blow to militant networks and thwarted attempts to undermine peace and stability in the country.
It said that security forces remained resolute in defending Pakistan’s borders and eliminating militant networks operating in the country.
“Clearance operations are being conducted to eliminate remaining Indian-sponsored militants and other terrorists,” the ISPR said.
The military said that security forces and law enforcement agencies would continue counterterrorism operations under the Azm-e-Istehkam regime with full force.
It added that security forces remained determined to continue operations until the “scourge of Indian-sponsored terrorism” was eliminated.