- Muhammad Zareef
- August 17, 2026
Seven terrorists killed, hideouts destroyed in Kharan operation
-
- WEB DESK
- August 16, 2026
QUETTA: Security forces killed seven terrorists in an intelligence-based operation in Kharan district of Balochistan, destroying several hideouts and recovering a cache of weapons and ammunition, sources said on Sunday.
The operation was conducted under the ongoing “Radd-ul-Fitna 3” campaign after security forces received a tip-off about the presence of militants in the area.
According to security sources, seven terrorists were killed during the operation, while several hideouts were completely destroyed.
A search of the hideouts led to the recovery of modern weapons, a large quantity of ammunition and other military equipment, along with two vehicles and a motorcycle, the sources said.
The militants were allegedly involved in planning robberies and suicide attacks in Kharan and nearby areas, according to security sources.
The operation comes amid intensified security activity across Balochistan following a series of attacks and intelligence-based operations targeting militant networks.
In a separate operation in Khuzdar district on Saturday, security forces killed 10 terrorists and injured several others in the mountainous Shor Pard area, according to security sources.
Security forces cordoned off and engaged multiple militant hideouts during the operation. The terrorists were operating in three separate groups, resulting in an intense exchange of fire, the sources said.
Following the engagement, security forces launched an extensive search and clearance operation in the surrounding area to track down militants who managed to escape.
The latest operations follow another major action in Surab district earlier this week, where the military said 18 terrorists affiliated with what it termed “Fitna al-Hindustan” had been eliminated.
According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), eight terrorists were killed when explosives detonated while militants were preparing a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device, while a subsequent clearance operation resulted in the deaths of another 10 terrorists. Two soldiers were also injured in an exchange of fire.
The initial explosion and a subsequent detonation at a militant hideout also resulted in civilian casualties, with ISPR reporting that three civilians were killed.
The security operations have taken place against the backdrop of renewed militant activity in Balochistan.
A day before the Khuzdar operation, Balochistan Home Minister Meer Ziaullah Langau survived an armed attack on his convoy in the Kund Umrani area of Khad Kocha.
Armed men hiding in the mountains opened fire on the convoy as it travelled along the Quetta-Karachi National Highway, injuring nine people, including seven police personnel assigned to protect the minister.
Earlier, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif subsequently praised security forces for the Khuzdar operation, saying successful actions against terrorists demonstrated the expertise of the country’s security forces.
“The entire nation is with the security forces in the war against terrorism,” the prime minister said, reiterating the government’s resolve to eliminate terrorism from the country.
President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif have also praised security forces for the successful intelligence-based operation in Khuzdar.
Security forces have vowed to continue targeted operations against militant elements across Balochistan, with search and clearance operations being carried out to locate remaining militants and dismantle their networks.