- Web
- Yesterday
Iran Red Crescent says no deaths in US strikes on nuclear sites
TEHRAN: The head of Iran’s Red Crescent Society, Pir Hossein Kolivand, said there were no fatalities in the US strikes Sunday on Iran’s nuclear facilities.
“Fortunately, we did not have any martyrs in last night’s events of the US aggression against Iran’s nuclear facilities,” he said according to state television.
Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi also took to his X account on Sunday, saying his country reserved all options to defend its nuclear facilities following US strikes, adding that the attacks were “outrageous and will have everlasting consequences.”
Foreign minister Abbas categorically said that the US committed a grave violation of the UN charter, international law and the NPT by attacking the Iran’s peaceful nuclear installations.
The minister mentioned that the events that took place this morning were provocative and would have long-term consequences. “Iran reserves all powers to defend its sovereignty, interests and the people under the UN Charter,” Iranian minister added.
Read Relevant: What are the nuclear contamination risks from attacks on Iran?
Meanwhile, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has called an emergency meeting following the US attack on the Iran’s nuclear facilities.
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) confirmed Monday as the meeting the day, citing Rafael Mariano Grossi, the IAEA Director General ‘s tweet on the social networking website X who said that an emergency meeting had been called for tomorrow (Monday).

Meanwhile, China and Russia on Sunday expressed their concerns over the US strikes on Iran and its nuclear facilities, as Turkiye warned that the US strikes on the Iranian nuclear facility will have “catastrophic” consequences.
