UEFA hands lifetime ban to Czech coach over secretly filming female players


UEFA hands lifetime ban to Czech coach over secretly filming female players

NYON, Switzerland: UEFA has handed a lifetime ban to Czech women’s football coach Petr Vlachovsky for secretly filming female players, the governing body said on Tuesday.

Czech media reported that Vlachovsky was convicted in May 2025 and was initially handed a suspended one-year prison sentence along with a five-year domestic coaching ban for filming FC Slovacko players in changing rooms, including minors, the youngest of whom was 17.

In a statement, UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) said it had decided to ban Vlachovsky “from exercising any football-related activity for life” after an Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector investigated allegations of misconduct.

The body also requested FIFA to extend the ban worldwide and directed the Football Association of the Czech Republic to revoke Vlachovsky’s coaching licence.

FC Slovacko did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Football players’ union FIFPRO welcomed the decision and UEFA’s move to seek a global ban from FIFA.

“This outcome sends a strong and necessary message that abusive and inappropriate behaviour has no place in football and that safeguarding the wellbeing of players must remain a priority at every level of the game,” FIFPRO said.

Vlachovsky had previously coached the Czech women’s Under-19 team.

You May Also Like